Yeah. It’s Valentine’s Day. Fun times. Didn’t make the Sweet Melissa Sundays recipe selection for the week–Easy Chocolate Mousse. And it’s easy! I’m leaving for Mexican beaches at the end of the week and I wasn’t going to eat it (I’m going to be living in a bathing suit for a week!).Cookies I can bake and stash in the freezer; mousse not so much.
Instead, this is a yummy and healthy vegan recipe. Stir-Fried Sesame Asparagus with Tofu and Ramen. So easy, so delicious. The recipe for the asparagus comes from 1,000 Vegan Recipes–an awesome cookbook of almost every imaginable vegan recipe. Everything I’ve made from it has been delicious. I added tofu, which I baked in the oven at 350° F for 20 minutes and served it over ramen noodles. I also upped the garlic and ginger in the recipe. It would be tasty over brown rice or any whole grain as well.
Stir-Fried Sesame Asparagus
Adapted from 1,000 Vegan Recipes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat canola oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and stir-fry for twominutes. Add garlic and ginger and stir for one more minute.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir and cover for 3 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Sitr in sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.