Next weekend I’m heading to San Francisco to attend the Blogher Food Conference. I’m excited to meet my fellow bloggers, network, and to visit some of my old haunts. And guess who is the closing speaker? David Lebovitz. Yay!
Thank you to Nasoya–maker of all-natural tofu products, noodles, wonton & egg roll wraps–for sponsoring my attendance at the conference. I’ve been a fan of their tofu, but until now have not tried their other products.
I hosted a dinner party this past Saturday and to start things off I served Toasted Goat Cheese Ravioli with Red Pepper Dip. These are super easy to make, can be assembled ahead of time, and taste outstanding. They are light and a great starter for a heavier dinner.
I found the recipe in the September/October 2009 issue of Clean Eating magazine.
TOASTED GOAT CHEESE RAVIOLI with RED PEPPER DIP
Adapted from Clean Eating magazine
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 24 Nasoya wonton wrappers
- 1/3 cup soft goat cheese with herbs (I like the herb & garlic goat cheese from Trader Joes)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (from water-packed jar), patted dry & chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F and coat a baking sheet with oil spray.
- Arrange wonton wrappers on flat surface. Spoon a bit of the goat cheese slightly off-center onto each wrapper. Using your fingers, wet the edges of the wrappers. Fold wonton over and press to seal.
- Place wontons on baking sheet and coat with oil spray. Sprinkle grated cheese over tops. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until wontons are golden and toasted.
- Meanwhile, make red pepper dip: place red peppers and sour cream in blender. Purée until smooth. Transfer dip to bowl and fold in basil. Season with salt and pepper.
The ravioli can be assembed ahead of time and be refrigerated for up to three days or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake them straight from the freezer, just add a couple minutes to the baking time. The red pepper dip can be made 3 days ahead too.