One of my food related new year’s resolutions for 2009 is to eat vegan on Tuesdays. This week I made Bulgur with Curried Vegetables. I found the recipe in this month’s issue of Vegetarian Times. Very easy to make and very few ingredients. My kind of recipe. Tastes great too!
Bulgur with Curried Vegetables
Adapted from Vegetartian Times January 2009
- 3/4 cup bulgur
- 2 cups diced red potatoes, about 2 medium or 4 small
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add bulgur and a pinch of salt. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile coat large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Add potatoes and cook for 12 or so minutes until potatoes begin to brown. Add ginger and curry powder, cooking for another 2 minutes. Add frozen peas and broccoli. Cook until heat through.
- Combine bulgur with vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.