While I was in Vegas I craved a frozen strawberry daquari. In town there are alcoholic slushie stands EVERYWHERE. Of course, when I was craving one I couldn’t find one anywhere. I eventually found one…and it ended up costing me $37. Yes, $37 for a drink. It was larger, but still.
We stayed in a timeshare with a full-kitchen, including a blender. And as luck would have it, we also had all the ingredients to make my version of the $37 drink. It tasted awesome and a lot better than the one I bought because the ingredients were all fresh and natural.
Here’s how I made it:
- a bunch of strawberries (brought for the road trip, but not eaten)
- a banana (ditto)
- a bit of club soda (brought to make my favorite drink in the world: vodka + club soda with lime)
Blend it up until it’s a nice puree.
- Add a bunch of ice (full-kitchen=ice machine)
Blend some more until it has a slushie consistency
- Add a few sugar packets, to taste (part of the coffee set-up)
- 5 generous shots of vodka (again, brought along for my favorite drink)
- freshly squeezed lime juice (ditto)
Blend until just mixed. Pour and serve! It made 3 1/2 drinks.